Happy birthday to me! I have completed yet another trip around the sun. And my friend Randy Blythe is free. So that’s good news! That’s my friend Blixa’s birthday photo sent to me by his mom this morning. I got rid of a lot of my extra monster junk a year ago and Blixa ended up with a good bit of it, some of which appears in the photo.
Tonight at 8:00 pm I’ll be talking at the Nashville Zen Center who meet at 12 South Dharma Center 2301 12th Ave. South, Suite 202, Nashville, TN 37204 (2nd floor, stairs in back of building). Be there or be a wuss. The rest of my Spring Micro Tour dates are listed at the end of this article. You will notice that I have now added a talk on March 10th (Sunday) at the Akron Shambhala Center in beautiful Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, home of Rex’s Erection and Time Traveler Records.
Birthdays are weird. I sorta like them and I sorta hate them. Time marches on, you get older. But you’ve also made it one year further. When I was a younger person I always worried I’d die before my time. Now I’m not so sure. I keep getting older in spite of myself. Lots of things are easier now than they ever were before and I’m happy about that. Life is good.
* * *
BRAD’S SPRING MICRO-TOUR 2013
• March 5th (Tuesday) 7:00 pm NASHVILLE, TN – 12 South Dharma Center 2301 12th Ave. South, Suite 202, Nashville, TN 37204 (2nd floor, stairs in back of building). Meditation at 7pm (two 25 min periods with a 5 minute kinhin). Dharma talk following at 8. Newcomers are invited to come 15 minutes early for orientation.
• March 10th (Sunday) 7:00 pm AKRON, OH – Akron Shambhala Center 133 Portage Trail, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
• March 13th (Wednesday) 7:00 pm CHICAGO, IL – Zen Buddhist Temple of Chicago, 608 Dempster St., Evanston (near the Dempster Purple Line station). The event goes from 7-9, and includes one 40-minute period of zazen, 10 minutes of kinhin, after which I’ll give a talk.
• March 17th (Sunday) 10:20 am MILWAUKEE, WI – Milwaukee Zen Center 2825 N. Stowell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53211-3775 My talk will start at 10:20 am but come at 9:30 am if you want to sit zazen with me too.
• April 26-28 ZEN RETREAT AT MOUNT BALDY ZEN CENTER F0r more info or to sign up, click here. No groping.
* * *
Birthday donations happily accepted!