I’m going to New York next week. I’ll re-post the dates here. But while I’m there I’ll be doing some radio. Here’s the info.
Monday Aug. 27 (or Tuesday Aug. 28, if you want to think of it that way) at 2 AM I’ll be on the Joey Reynolads Show on WOR radio AM 710 in New York. More info about the show is here:
At 1:45 PM on Aug. 28 (Tuesday) he’ll be on the radio show “Soundcheck” on New York’s WNYC
more info about that is at:
Here’s the previous gig list (remember, attendance is mandatory, any of you who think I already get plenty of butts in seats at these things, think again):
New York City, New York:
• August 27, 2007 at 7 PM at The Interdepedence Project at Lila Center 302 Bowery at Houston (this will be the most like a formal lecture among all the NYC appearances) RSVP soon, space is limited.
• August 28, 2007 at 7:30 PM Barnes & Noble in Greenwich Village 396 Ave of the Americas at 8th Street, New York, NY 10011
• August 30, 2007 at 7 PM at McGill University’s Education/Counselling Psychology Department 3700 Rue McTavish Room 233
Boulder & Ft. Collins, Colorado:
• Monday September 10, 2007 – 7:30 pm Boulder Bookstore 1107 Pearl Street – Author Event
• Tuesday September 11, 2007 Noon – Colorado State University Bookstore – The Lory Student Center at CSU Ft. Collins, CO
• Tuesday September 11, 2007 7 PM – CSU Anthropology Club The Lory Student Center at CSU, Ft. Collins – Author Event
• Wednesday, September 12, 2007 Interview for Elevision TV show. Be part of the live in-studio audience! Doors close at 7pm. The show will be at Trilogy, 2017 13th St. in downtown Boulder
• September 22 to 25, 2007, Tokei-in Temple, 1840 Hatori, Shizuoka City, 421-12 (Prior registration is required. See http://www.dogensangha.org/sesshin.htm for details)
• Oct. 6, 9:15 PM – my movie “Cleveland’s Screaming” will have its Cleveland priemier at the Cleveland Institute of Art’s Cinematheque
(I may not make this showing personally, but I’m gonna try. Be there anyway!!!)
•November 7,2007 at the Akron Public Library I think I’m on at 7PM. I’m certain it’s either at 7 or 8 PM. More details later…
A little thought on Zazen posture for the day — the reason 1/2 lotus, full lotus or Burmese posture are Zazen and sitting in a chair or on a seiza bench are not the same thing is because when you sit in these postures your weight is distributed among three points, like a tripod. On a seiza bench or chair the best you can hope for is to try & balance on one point — your butt. In fact, most folks I see doing it in chairs just sorta lounge and rest their back on the chair providing absolutely no balance whatsoever. For people with leg troubles, try a higher cushion or put cushions under the knees. Yoga exercizes are also good. Visit your local McYoga, take the free sample lesson, and ask the teacher about this at the end (don’t tell me there’s no yoga studio near you unless you’re writing from Antarctica). Then be nice & go back for a few more lessons.